Wednesday, January 2, 2008

11 Naked Men...

...and a partridge in a pear tree. Well, technically not correct since that song refers to Christmas, and I, of course am referring to New Years.

And what a New Years it was! There were many fun things that happened in Santa Fe, New Mexico, where I was celebrating with my lovely friend Dingo. Too many things to tell (and many I shouldn't), and I can't remember what order it all happened in, so I will just give some highlights.

Shortly after my arrival, Dingo surprised me with a trip to a private hot tub at our hotel spa, followed by a massage by an ECUADORIAN masseuse. It was awesome. Then we went out for some fab Mexican food, and settled in to our cute historic inn.

More massages, more hot tubs, and other such luxuries.

Shopping around Historic Santa Fe. Very cute. Very nizzzze.

VERY fancy expensive yummy dinner on New Years Eve.

Dancing until midnight, and then some.

New Years Day skiing under beautiful sunny New Mexican skies.

After skiing we stopped at a "Japanese Style" spa on the way home. Discovered that clothing was "optional" and I found myself in a hot tub with 11 naked men. Whoooaaa! I won't say what I was wearing.

More massage (just head and neck this time).

More food.

More fun.

My hair was all wet when I came out of the Japanese spa. I thought I would just go back to our hotel and dry it since we were only 10 minutes away, but within 1 or 2 minutes, my hair was completely frozen all over my head. Freaky!

Late night trip to search for junk food.

Fly home, sleep on plane.

Happy New Year.

1 comment:

kelsey said...

sounds like fun. random ecuadorian massage artist! glad you are home safe.